Sunday, December 26, 2010

Week 2...and going strong!

First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I love you all!

I love it here! The gospel is amazing. And to answer Mom's question, yes I get enough to eat :D It's all you can eat. In fact, Sunday we fasted for a Sister in our district who was really struggling. And so at dinner that night I ate a double portion of everything. 2 BBQ sandwiches, 2 bananas, 2 cookies, and two bags of chips. It REALLY hurt to laugh. :)

So, I fly out at sometime around 5 AM Monday morning. I am supposed to be at the travel office here at 3 AM. So, Mom and Dad, expect a call sometime around 5. (I request no one else, as it will be hard enough) :) I have a lay over in Dallas and then will be in Mississippi around noon ish. I didn't bring the paper with me to the laundry mat. Anywho!

I am loving life. I love the classes. We have had four different teachers so far, and will have another one for one day (Friday). They have all been awesome. Sister Ward was subbing for Brother Okoren (who was in CO visiting his 15 year old sister in the hospital...she finally got a kidney transplant). Brother Dickey was AMAZING but is in Maryland with his family for Christmas. Brother Okoren leaves Friday. Brother McQuay will be staying with us (he replaces Brother Dickey). Brother Wanket will be replacing Brother Okoren for a day. We don't have classes on Saturday... it's CHRISTMAS! It's doesn't really feel like it, but I am sure it will. Elder Alvey has a Christmas tree, which should help a little. It's a Christmas tree in a box. Pretty sweet. :)

We have a devotional Friday night, and one Saturday afternoon. And a fireside Saturday night. We don't know who's speaking until we get there, but the devotional on Saturday is a long one, so I expect more than one apostle. Maybe the prophet. :D

So, I have less than 5 minutes and I want to add a couple of email address to my account, so I am going to end this. Kind of short, but life here is the same everyday.

One of my new favorite scriptures is D&C 128:22. It's awesome. I am going forward!

Well, I love you all! Party hard tomorrow! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'm not sure when I will have p-day in the field, I think Monday. So you wont hear from me for a week and a half. But oh well.

Love you all!

Love, Elder Dwight Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment