Monday, January 31, 2011

Jan 10th - 24th

Hey All Y'all!

I hope this email finds everyone in good health! :) I know I am strong and healthy. Stronger than when I left too. Have 30 minutes every morning for exercise is a good thing. Though I need to be more consistent.

Anyway, so last p-day I got caught up in stuff and didn't get a chance to email. I apologize. We were out with Lyman Sisson (a less active member) checking on his wild hog trap and baiting it. He caught some 3 weeks ago. A sow and a boar. Both about 200 lbs. Elder Redmon and myself actually helped him gut them. :) We try to spend time with Lyman several times a week. He is going through a hard time right now with his wife and so we just try to be there for him. He has come to church the last two weeks now, which is awesome!

So last Monday, I went on exchanges. Our district leader, Elder Mark, came here to Texarkana to work with Elder Redmon, and I went to New Boston, TX to work with Elder Judkins. It was a really good experience. Though New Boston has CRAZY people! One guy, Mark, is one of their investigators and he is actually crazy. He has meds and everything. The problem is he doesn't take them. The Elders there have tried to drop him, but then he "randomly" pops up around town when they are walking, or when they are at the library, or at their apartment at 9pm. Anyway, when I was there, we say him Monday night and he seemed only a little crazy and pretty normal. But the next morning... oh boy! He started the opening prayer and I think he started off "Hey if anyone is up there" and then he started yelling at God. Yelled the entired prayer. He is mad at God for things that happened to him as a child. Then he later went on about how Solomon was a child rapist and that he didn't understand how a holy and just god would have a man like that build a holy temple. We just sat there and left when we could. We/They can't really begin to help him until he takes his meds. They're trying though.

Anyway, Elder Judkins is from Orem and has been out... about 4 months now. It was fun to work with him. And that was just one experience there. I came back Wednesday morning for DDM (my initials... also District Devotional Meeting) and have been here since! I love Texarkana!

So a little news. We tracted into Steven, one of our investigators, on Jan. 6th. He's an awesome guy. He's 20. Anyway, we invited him to be baptized, he accepted, and we have a date set for him on Feb. 12th! YAY! The Lord is awesome. :) Also, Tina and Daryhl Bell have dates for the 31st of this month, but I don't think it will be that soon anymore. :/ They were first taught by missionaries months ago. Long story there. I'll keep you posted on them though.

I had an interview this past Wednesday at DDM with President Tucker! It was cool :) I also encourage all of you to create a profile on mormon.org. They are having missionaries use that as a teaching resource now and we are actually allowed on on days other than p-day. We even have passalong cards for it. It's cool. :)

So later today, Elder Redmon is headed to Jackson, MS for some training. Elder Davis (from our district) is also going (they came out together...they both have 14 months left). So I am going to Atlanta, TX tonight, tomorrow, I'll be in Texar Wednesday, and back to Atlanta on Thursday. They will be back from training Friday morning. I am working with Elder Petersen while they are gone. Should be fun! He's been out 6 weeks longer than I have. Two greenies working together!

The work here is awesome. I am learning and growing so much everyday! The gospel is so amazing and so true. Elder Redmon is a good companion and we are getting along well.

Anywho, time is up! Keep on keeping on! The gospel is true and Christ lives. :)

Love,
Elder Dwight D Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment