Monday, June 6, 2011

May 31, 2011

Hey Everyone!

I am pleased to announce that the Lord God is absolutely amazing.

And that I am going to have another sister-in-law! And two more nephews! That makes ten nieces and nephews, and me... who is a proud uncle. And son, and brother, and servant.

I have had some experiences these last few days that have drawn me closer to the Lord than ever before and have led me to be a better son and servant. To truly feel of His love and redeeming power and strength. To "hope for a better world" for myself and the ones I love. To truly find out about myself, my strengths and weaknesses, my faith and faults, and to come to truly appreciate the love of my family, friends, leaders and God.

Allow me to share with you a scripture I ran across and what really hit me. I had received a letter from a future missionary and brother, McKay, and at the end he put a PS and said I am praying for you. I got another letter the same day from another friend and she asked if there was anything specific that I wanted her to pray for, for me or the mission. And I was pondering on those and how many prayers I have coming my way every day. It is amazing to think about. I know that my family prays for me daily. My sister tells me that I am constantly in my nieces prayers. I have some of the most amazing friends in the world that I know pray for me. Those are all specifically for me. Those don't count the thousands upon thousands of prayers that are said daily for the full time missionaries. It truly is amazing.
Well, as I was pondering these things in my hearts, I flipped a couple of pages in my scriptures and ended up in Moroni 8. I just looked down and started reading in verses 2 and 3:

2 My beloved son, Moroni, I rejoice exceedingly that your Lord Jesus Christ hath been mindful of you, and hath called you to his ministry, and to his holy work. 3 I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.

How amazing and appropriate! I just wish to thank you all for the prayers and support that I receive on a daily basis. I am learning more to focus on the positives in life and to always have positive thoughts. It is our thoughts that drag us down and that truly change the outcome of the things we do and the people we become. The mind is more powerful than any of us realize. It shapes the world around us. Be every mindful of that.

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying themselves back where ever you are. And that as you celebrated memorial day, that you kept in mind those great men and women who have given themselves to the work of freedom. Whether in some branch of the military, or here in God's army. The fight for souls is the same everywhere. The one in the mission field is just eternal.

The work goes on always. I love you all. Continue to pray for the success of the Lord, and for the softening of the people here, and around the world. I know I do. The Lord will send His angels before his righteous servants to prepare the way before them, and that is what I seek. Pray for my strength to make it through, that I may be the best missionary, the best ME I can be.

With Love From The South,
Elder Dwight Douglas Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment