Monday, July 9, 2012

Hello!

Hey Everyone,
 
This past week has been good... here is a little update about my mission... I just sent this to someone else, so I am going to be lazy and copy and paste it here...
 
I am serving with Elder Michael Jemmett from Rigby, ID. He is a great companion. We have fun together. We are very similar. Both of us are super girl crazy, love music, games, etc etc. He has been on his mission for about 13 1/2 months. Anyway, he is great to serve with. I am hoping for another transfer with him after this.
 
We have a new mission president. I got to meet him and his wife last Thursday and Friday. President McDonough. He is from Murray, UT. He is awesome. I am excited to serve with him. He's a little soft spoken, loves this gospel, and has the spirit about him. He wants to do this write. He loves all the missionaries. Him and his wife are traveling the mission over the next two weeks and going to all of the apartments and interviewing and visiting with all the missionaries. I am excited to see them again tomorrow night.
 
Well, it is so much fun being back in Gulfport. I have got to see a lot of people that I know and love. Especially the Kitchens! I hope you remember them. She is great. Sad news though is that they are moving into nursing homes. Probably in three weeks. Different ones too. Joivan is probably going into the VA one (veteran). While Grandma K will go into another one. It's pretty sad. I love them to death. I am just glad I got to see them a few more times.
 
We are working with a PMF right now. Rick Chipman. His wife is a member. Brother Chipman has been visiting with missionaries for about 17 years now. He just never wanted to quit smoking. Well, before I got here, he prayed for help to quit smoking, and now he has diabetes and cancer. Pretty crazy, but all will be well. He has a date for the 28th of this month. I pray he makes it. :)
 
 Life is going just great here. I am loving it. We got rain this morning, but it looks like it is starting to clear up. Means it's gonna get warm! That's okay though. At least Mississippi isn't on fire... ;)
 
Well, I love you all. I hope life is just great for anyone who reads this. Because life is too precious and amazing to not enjoy it. :)
 
Until next week!
 
Love,
Elder Mendenhall
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment