Monday, July 23, 2012

I had a fun week....

Hello Everyone!
Well some of you have heard and some of you haven't yet, but I sure have had an interesting week.
 
So Tuesday morning, I went on exchanges with Elder Nielsen (yes the one that lives two doors down from Grandma Shelton) in Biloxi. Well, it gets to be about 6:15 that night and we are biking along Pass Rd to visit some people. Well we are going along and there is a car that is pulling out of a Catholic church. Elder Nielsen bikes past and and I keep going. Well this car comes, doesn't stop, and accelerates to get into traffic. He didn't see me at all and t-boned me on my bike. I land in the lane of traffic. No cars were coming (he was pulling out into the road so of course not). Anyway, he stops and gets out and is pretty freaked out and am asking if I am okay. I was. I pulled my bike off the road and Elder Nielsen is back at this point. Anyway, a car stops and asks if I am alright. He was a military cop that works on Kiesler Air Force base. He calls the cops while I am talking to President McDonough on the phone. Well, two cop cars pull up, followed by a firetruck and then an ambulance.
 
Before anyone freaks out... I am okay. I had a sore hip for a day or two and a sprained wrist. I went to the hospital (courtesy of the ambulance) and they took three x-rays. I was bored out of my mind in the ER for two hours though. :D I had one tiny scrape on my knee and that was it. Nothing short of a miracle that I walked away like I did. :)
 
Anyway, I drew a diagram on the computer and attached it for you to view. It's in a PDF format. I hope you have enjoyed my story! :)
 
Other then that it was a good week. It rained a lot. Like... A LOT.
 
Brother Chipman isn't getting baptized this weekend. He hasn't been able to stop smoking yet and we haven't been able to see him.
 
Anyway, we are super busy today. We went to Long Beach and gave Elder Muller a blessing and then I went with Elder Burt to go give a less active member a blessing while Elder Jemmett stayed with Elder Muller (who is pretty sick... throwing up all morning). We now need to go pick up the Ocean Springs Elders soon and bring them to Gulfport to the bike shop and then take them back after. Plus we need to fax in numbers to the office, clean our car, and try to relax a little bit. Finish my letters and mail them off, and then some appointments tonight.
 
I hope everyone is doing well. :) Know that your prayers are working and keep sending them my way. I love you all!
 
 
Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall
 
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment