Monday, March 19, 2012

Hmmm

Hey Everyone!

Not too much happened this past week. We no longer have a car, so now I am truly in a bike area. I don't expect a car for the rest of the time I am here. We'll see how that works out. Hahahaha... It's all fine and dandy when we don't have 25 mph gusts of wind, like today. Then it's just cruel. Oh well. I will get used to it eventually! :D (I secretly love it, but don't tell anyone!) ;D Being on bikes makes missionary work easier, in my opinion. We can actually stop and talk to people, people see us, and it helps to keep me healthy! Because, let's be honest, I was never so good at the exercising/working out thing. I actually wouldn't mind being on a bike for the rest of my mission. Maybe the new mission president will let me do that. Keep me out of being Zone Leader and AP, and just keep me on a bike. Of course, that's what Elder Redmon wanted (my trainer in case you forgot) and he didn't get that. He has been a zone leader for the last few transfers. He goes home on April 4th, actually. That is going to be weird. I am slowly yet surely becoming an older and older missionary. I have been out for 15 months. Wow. I don't know where time goes. I don't want to waste another day. Just remember that no matter who you are and no matter where you are called to serve, make the most of it. Magnify your calling. Don't have any regrets. Prove to the Lord that He can trust you. Live for that trust. 

Okay. So I know it is early (we already established how long I have left on my mission...), but I am trying to figure out school stuff as much as I can as early as possible, so I can hopefully make it all possible. Anyway, my first semester at BYU-I starts on Jan. 14, 2013 and right now I go home on the 12th of December. That leaves me about 4-7 weeks to work my tail off (if I go home a few weeks early... not sure if that is what I will do. Still need to pray about it and what not...). I want to be able to earn as much as I can in that little period of time, so as the months go on, if you could keep your eyes and ears open for any potential seasonal jobs or any kind of work that I could do for that short time period, I would appreciate it. I just finished out that idea last night. The calculations come out to the follow... if I make $8.00 an hour, and work 20 hours a week, for 7 weeks, that's $1120.00. That is hopefully just a minimum calculation. Anyway, you get the idea. I figure it is a good time of year to get a seasonal job if nothing better is out there. Moving on...

The work is going alright. Not as well as it should. We will fix that though. It will pick up in the next few weeks. I ask for your prayers. I know I already have them, but please continue to pray for the area, for the people here, and for Elder Merrill and myself. 

I know I said a lot today, without really saying much, but it's me, what do you expect? ;)

I love y'all. I hope y'all have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment