Monday, March 5, 2012

03/05/2012

Hey Everyone!

Zone Conference is tomorrow. I'm pretty excited for it. It starts at 10 AM in Shreveport, LA. It's about a two hour drive. Well, a little less. We'll be talking about finding. Also, President Tucker will be announcing our new mission president, but seeing as how Mom already told me, I am one up on the game! 

So, turns out that the West Monroe Elders got in a wreck last week so that make 50% of our zone vehicles that have been wrecked. It wasn't their fault though. A lady pulled out in front of them to flip a U-turn without signalling. You would still think us missionaries would learn how to drive...

Church was good on Sunday. I don't know many people still. I will learn. I feel more confident in the area already. I may not know exactly how to get to places, but I know where they are! Hahahaha. 

We got 9 new missionaries this past week who are waiting on their visas to go to Mexico. One of them is here in Monroe with our Zone Leaders. The rest are scattered throughout the mission with other Spanish Elders. So we have 5 missionaries in the Monroe ward right now, but I don't know how long Elder Evans (the new Elder) will stick around. We'll see. We had a visa waiter who stayed here for 10 months last year (he was going to Brazil though).

Life is going great. Johnny, a member (recent convert), takes excellent care of us. Feeds us several times a week. We don't have too many investigators right now, and hopefully that will change in the next couple of weeks. 

They are moving forward with a Spanish Unit here within the Monroe ward. We have quite the number of Spanish speaking people. Purty cool. 


Okay... so I have quite the number of emails to reply to (okay, only 4, but it's more then the usual two and some of them are LOOOOOOONG) so I am going to make this a little shorter then I would otherwise. And I don't know what else to say. This Gospel is awesome and I love it! I hope y'all have an amazing week! :)

Love,
Elder Mendenhall
1401 Erin Street #177
Monroe, LA 71201




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment