Monday, February 27, 2012

Monroe, Week 2

Hey Y'all,

Man what a week. We rode about 20 miles a day on the bikes. Funny story though. On transfers, Elder Hansen (who was my first district leader when I was in Philly and who is now my Zone Leader here in Monroe... they cover the other part of the Monroe ward boundaries) ending up backing into a cop car when we were at a stop sign. He started to go left, but then a lady pulled out of McDonald's into the far lane (the one we were turning into) instead of her lane. So Elder Hansen braked and then backed up because on coming traffic was coming and hit the cop that was behind us. No damage was done, except to some pride. We were in the car with them and it was pretty funny. Come to find out though... two other cars got in accidents on the same day in our zone. The Greenville Elders and the Bastrop Elders. They actually had a pile up. Anywho... back to my bike.

Johnny Moore, a recent convert out here (who just received the Melchizedek priesthood on Sunday at Stake Conference) saw my awful bike pedal and crank arm and wouldn't have that. So the next day he sent me and Elder Merrill to the bike shop with his credit card to get it fixed. So I get a new set of pedals and a new crank arm and it's beautiful. The difference is amazing. It gets better though. Saturday night at the adult session of Stake Conference here in the Monroe stake, we went and talked to President Tucker afterwards and he told us that neither one of the Bastrop Elders can drive right now (Elder Petersen because of the wreck and Elder Nebeker because he lost his license) and so instead of having a car just sitting there, we get to drive it. We picked it up this morning. So... moral of the story? Hurry up and fix something that breaks. Once you do, you wont have a use for it, because life gets better.

So we have a car and I am back to getting fat and lazy in it! Hahahahaha. Life is great though. I get along with Elder Merrill well and I love the area. I could do without the cockroaches in the apartment (they came over to ours once the nasty filthy people next door moved out...) but that is life. I haven't named them yet, so not to worry. I had three in my bathroom (two bathroom apartment... rather nice) last night when we got back. I squished though and moved on with life.

Hmmmmm... the Lord is great. We have Zone Conference out in Shreveport next week (the 6th) and I am looking forward to that. It will be geared and focused towards finding people to teach, which is good, because I am not the best at that. It's something I've struggled with. We have to clean our car for it though (one downside to having a car....hahaha)

Well... I love you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Mendenhall



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment