Monday, February 6, 2012

12/07/2011

Dear People Who Take Snow For Granted... ;)


SSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Mississippi! Not in Philly, but in Greenwood! Elder Sommer took pictures of it on their way to district meeting! (BTW...our district shrunk. They closed Kosciusko down so now it is just Greenwood and Philly. But we still meet in Kozzy, which is halfway) SNOW! God is amazing! :)

So, life is much better this week! And can you believe it.... tomorrow I will have been out a YEAR! Crazy! time sure flies and you come to realize just how precious it really is. My one time opportunity to serve a mission at this age is halfway over. Really makes one stop and think. It's crunch time! **CRUNCH!**

On another note, my application for BYU-I has been submitted. I'm pretty pumped to see if I am in the 95% that get accepted or if by some luck I am in the 5% that don't... Maybe because I got accepted before and then rejected it, they wont let me in again... :D

So, Stacy got confirmed this past week and I am really excited for him! YAY! And we are making headway with other people as well. Artnez. Nathaniel. Diego. Scoot. All different points in the conversion process, but all making headway. It's awesome to see. I wish Artnex would have come to church this past week. *sigh* Oh well. Next week... well, maybe. This coming Sunday is Stake Conference, which is in Clinton, which is about two hours away.... Hard to convince people to leave with us at 7:00AM, get there at 9:00, sit until 10, then for two hours listen to people talk, and then not get home until 3:00PM or so. BUT!!!! Elder Dallin H Oaks is speaking. I might get to meet him! That would be cool to just briefly talk to a living apostle of the Lord. Especially because I helped to baptize (and actually performed the baptism) of his first cousin's wife. Pretty cool. The Lord is awesome and amazing, isn't He? I love Him dearly!

So! CHRISTMAS!!! I love Christmas! It's fun to see a lot of the houses decked out in Christmas decorations! Some of my favorite are a couple that just have nice wreaths with bows tied on them that have spotlights on them. That's really all the decorations... and they look so PURTTY! Anywho, it's great! I will probably take some pictures of my favorite ones. It's my last Christmas as a missionary and I want to be able to remember everything about it! :)

Well, we had some car trouble this past weekend with our battery. After it dying three times on us, we went and got it check and replaced. So, that was fun.

Well. Remember that the Gospel is true! As sure as I live, and as He lives, it's true. Never doubt it, and always share it! I love this Gospel. I love my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. May we ALWAYS remember Him!

Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment