Monday, February 6, 2012

11/18/2011

Howdy Y'all!

What a beautiful week! Hahahaha... we had some nights since I last emailed where it has been in the seventies at 8pm and some where it has been in the fourties! We have bipolar weather here in the south.

So life is great! I was on exchanges the past couple of days with Elder Hansen and he interviewed Stacy and Sister Oaks for baptism and we are set for Sunday! I am super excited! They are doing great!

We had a pretty good talk with Diego last night and I was able to find out more about him that I didn't know that will help us teach him tonight. Should be good!

We taught a part member family last night (finally!) We have been trying to see them for a while, but it just hasn't worked out yet. We taught them half of the restoration and the mom (the member) promised to come to church. This week is the week to be there. Baptisms, Thanksiving social, etc! Yay! I am excited. We are going to hopefully see a family tomorrow and they should be coming as well. We're pulling out all the stops for this Sunday! Gotta get people there!

The Christmas season is fast approaching and I am super excited for it! There are already a few decorated houses around. AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I love Christmas! And I am really looking forward to a Christmas in the mission field! I am excited for it. I am just trying to not let my mind wander to next year's Christmas.... that's when the trunkiness sets in. Hahahaha :D

Oh! I threw together my mormon.org profile the other night at our branch mission leader's house. Let me know what all y'all think! :D

http://mormon.org/me/38K4/

They (the church and our mission) are really pushing mormon.org, and if you have not yet set up a profile, please do so! :) It's an awesome website and awesome missionary tool. And I can get on it basically whenever I want to. Hahahahaha. Definitely check out the videos there too! They are awesome stories of people's lives and how they live their faith! :)

I hate to always not say much, but just trust that life here is just groovy (not a southern word... maybe southern cali!) and that I am lovin' it! :)

I love you all and miss you! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING NEXT WEEK!!! Pig out! And take the time to really thank the Lord for the many blessings in your lives. He deserves the thanks, because we are nothing with out Him. :)

Keep the faith and endure to the end!

Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment