Monday, February 6, 2012

11/09/2011

Howdy All Y'all!

Man oh man! I have missed talking to y'all! Just rest assured that life is just fantastic down here in good ol' Missippi!

So, first off, the reason I haven't been able to email is that the computers at the library in Philly have been down for over two months. When I was with Elder Belden we were going to Clinton every week so we just emailed up there. Well we haven't been able to do that. We were going to email last week in Kosciusko after District meeting (like we are today) but things ended up not working out. But here I am and we'll see what next week brings. We should be having district meeting in Philly next week, so maybe no emails. It will all work out though.

Second! No we have not had any baptisms yet. We pushed Stacy's date back to the 20th of this month, which if all goes well he should be able to make it! We are meeting with him again tomorrow to go over everything with him. He's doing great though and I love him. It's great to see his progression in the gospel.

And on a surprise note... Sister Oaks is getting baptized then as well! The Lord has really poured out his spirit upon her. It's awesome to see it! :) We finally met with her this past Friday after having the last three appointments canceled. She was ready to set a date to be baptized and both her and her husband are excited. And I was even further humbled and surprised when they asked me to baptize her. Her husband will perform the confirmation. Life is great!

We have two other people set with a date in December and are just always looking for more people to teach and set with dates to be baptized. Elder Kington is the best! I love the guy. He is awesome and I am truly blessed to be his trainer. I hope I am doing a good job and with the Lord on my side I know we can't go wrong.

I can truly see the hand of the Lord in my life. I finished the Book of Mormon (finally! It only took me months! :D ) last week and the spirit of that book is super strong. Right now I am reading "Our Heritage" from the Missionary Library and I am touched by the spirit as I read of the sacrifices the early saints made to help us be where we are today. I know that the Lord knows I am willing to do what He asks.

This work really is His work. There is no greater place I could be. I love this Gospel. I love my Savior and I know that He lives! I know that I shall one day stand before Him again and I shall fall at His feet and worship Him and bathe His feet with my tears. But I shall not know anymore then than I know now that He lives. That testimony is a part of me just as much as my heart or lungs are. It radiates all throughout me. Christ is real and He loves us and wants us to return to Him.

My challange to all of you today is to look for the good in the world. Look at people with their potential in mind and feel the Savior's love for them. They are choice children of our Father and have the potential to be like Him. So look for the good in others and in the world.

God lives and love us. I love you all and pray and hope for the best for all of you.

With Much Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment