Monday, February 6, 2012

01/16/2012- Happy DOCTOR Martin Luther King Jr Day.... Also... My BYU-Idaho Application Story: I will never know what it feels like.

Hello Everyone!

Happy Dr Martin Luther King Jr Day. Surprisingly enough, he marched here in Philadelphia. Yes, the one in MS. They had a parade earlier. We didn't go. :D

Okay. Also, my BYU-Idaho application story...

...

...
hmmm...

I don't quite know how to say this in a nice way...

...

...
well. I will never know what it feels like...

...

...To be in the 5% that doesn't get accepted. I got accepted. Yay! That's twice they let me in. Hahahaha. This time I plan on going though. I am excited.

Okay. The work here goes on. We need to really find us some new people to teach. Especially IN Philly. Not any of these towns that are 20 miles away. We will find some this week hopefully. Also, we are going to prison on Thursday. Should be fun. There is a member there and we are going with the Branch President to visit him. He saw him last week, now we get to go with him! I am excited! I've been in the jail in Gulfport, but this is a prison, so even more intense. I will let you know how it goes.

Not too much happened this past week, Diego stepped on a nail. He had surgery this today. It went in 2.4cm and poked a whole in the bone. He didn't really feel it though. Diabetic and what not.
Nathaniel came to church. We arranged for the ride. And we have an appointment with him tomorrow. I feel really good about it. :) He should be baptized soon! YEAH YEAH! Heavenly Father is amazing. :)

Anywho. Life is good here in Philly. I think we are eating Subway for dinner. After 1 1/2 years of working there I still love. And I am craving it right now. Elder Kington and I decided I am worse then a pregnant woman when it comes to craving food. It was a couple of weeks ago when I wanted Chicken In A Biscuit crackers... so I bought some at WalMart. I love food. :D

I am sore today. Elder Kington and I started a new workout plan. And I hurt. Hahahaha. It is great!

Okay. Well, I love you all. Have a fantastic day!

Love,
Elder Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment