Monday, February 6, 2012

10/04/2011

Hey Everyone...

Another week has gone by. We are in Ridgeland again after having gone to the Doctor's again. Slow healing.

General Conference was awesome!!!! Was it not?! I loved it! We had two investigators watch it. I loooooved it!

Well... last week was a bit of a bummer week. Everything we had fell through! But, not to worry, because the Lord watches over us all, even in little Philly. We found an awesome new family to teach last night! The spirit was there with us when we were talking to the mom, who is a member but hasn't been in probably 20 years. They were referred to us by her brother, that we found after an appointment fell through with the guy across the street (that was a week or two ago). The guy we were trying to see is someone we talked to my first day in Philly while at the gas station. Good stuff. I hope I didn't lose anyone with that :D

Also, we are going to be seeing another part member family on Thursday. She wants her son baptized, and I want them all active. So we'll see how things work out there. It shows promise though.

Things definitely are looking up in Philly. We have a lot going on. We have appointments to go out with members for the rest of the week. Should be good! I am grateful to the Lord for blessing us here and I am grateful for all the prayers and continued support from all of you.

Oh! I'll let you all in on a little p-day excursion we had yesterday. So, we frequent the pawn shops on p-days, mainly because they have $2 DVDs and you can sometimes get really good deals. Well, I bought yesterday (to send home, mind you, not to watch while on my mission) all three Lord of the Ring DVDs for $2 each, as well as all of the Bourne movies, and all of them in EXCELLENT condition. The Bourne ones are like new condition. It made me happy. :)

Well, I hope all y'all have an awesome week! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment