Monday, February 6, 2012

10/18/2011 Round 2

Dear Everyone,

I apologize... My new companion is Elder Kington, not KingSton. From Kaysville. He's a lot shorter then me, but I can't hold that against him. ;)

Man, this past week in Philly has been good. We set up a table at the flea market, and got three good contacts from it. Sunday was Branch Conference and Sister Oaks, Diego and Stacy were all there at church and the talks were awesome! And we had a really good potluck after church. Diego stayed for all of church for the first time and he really enjoyed it. Stacy left after Sacrament meeting sadly. Hopefully he'll stay for all of it next time. We had a really good lesson with him (Stacy) this past week about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of Wisdom. Only a couple of things left to teach him and then he will know it all. Or at least been taught it. He is doing awesome though!

Do y'all remember Samantha from Gulfport? Elder Todd and I taught her. Well, the Gulfport Zone Leaders baptized her two weeks ago. Crazy, huh!? I talked to Elder Johnson and he said she had a testimony and was ready. And Elder Woolf baptized in Long Beach too! Not anyone I taught... I got the referral the week I left from a member. It was a part member family with 9 year old twin boys and a 12 year old that hadn't been baptized yet. So the work is just progressing everywhere. The Mission set a goal last January for 300+ baptisms this year, and at this point every area needs to baptize three people before the end of the year to reach the goal. It is going to happen! It's so awesome!

So, a little more about training. I got the phone call Tuesday night and had a meeting in Clinton Thursday. When we are finished training at the end of 12 weeks, our trainees are supposed to be able to train if called upon to do so. A lot of pressure on me right now, but I am ready and happy to do this. I needed this.

I hope all y'all have an awesome day! I am going to get running. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment