Monday, February 6, 2012

9/12/2011

Howdy All Y'all!

Sometimes I forget I am in the south until I go in a store and the lady says "how y'all doin'?" or when we go to a member's house and while riding in the van, some younger kids are talking to me and man what an accent on them. Real southern folk there.

Well... the weather is back up in the 90's or so. So much for fall. That's okay though! The hole in Elder Belden's leg is *almost* gone! I can actually see the skin inside of it and I can barely get any gauze in it. The Doc may tell us to let it close up tomorrow! Woot!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I am now officially 20. Whatever officially means. Elder Belden and I were in our apartment Friday night and he told me I only had a few hours left as a teenager.

The mailman came to the door with 4 packages for me on Friday. I opened three of them while Elder Belden recorded me. I have a bunch of videos I need to send home. Maybe in the next few weeks I will put them on a CD or something. Thank y'all for the presents! More importantly, I want to thank all of you for the much needed love and support. I know that I have my amazing family behind me every step of the way in everything I do, as well as my friends.

Diego cooked some delicious steak for me Saturday night! He actually went to a butcher to get it. And... He came to church! Granted, the reason was to hear Elder Belden speak, but hopefully he liked it and wants to come again. Sadly he left right after Sacrament meeting because he had some business he needed to attend to, so I really didn't get to talk to him about it. I will soon enough though! Well... probably not until Thursday, but whatever.

Saturday morning we went and helped President Boyles (the branch president) move some pallets, bricks, and wood on his property. They fed us lunch and Sister Boyles also made me a delicious chocolate cake. In fact... we have a lot of sweets at our apartment. There are parts of three pies in the fridge, and we have a whole cake. And that doesn't include any of the goodies from my packages. As Elder Belden put it... "It's either feast or famine and right now it's a feast". Give it a couple of weeks and we wont have much. That's when I feast on ramen! ;)

Well.. I need to get writing a couple of other emails. I love you all! Please continue in your prayers and fasting for the welfare of the people who know not God, especially those here in Philadelphia. :)

With Love From The South
From The One And Only,
Elder Dwight Douglas Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment