Monday, February 6, 2012

11/23/2011

Howdy!

Maaaaaaaaan! It feels good to email every week... now that I am back in the habit... well as missionaries we wear suits, not habits, but y'all get the gist of it.

Life is UBER AWESOME! Or groovy, which has been my word of choice lately. Gnarly, tubular, and spectacular all work as well!

Before I forget... please feel free to check out the mission blog! presidenttucker.blogspot.com .... Elder Kington and I appear on there in November, and the video from when Elder Belden and I sang "High On A Mountain Top" at Zone Conference is in September (though I couldn't get the video to load... so good luck!)

Okay... So, as I mentioned on Monday... Sister Oaks and Stacy were both baptized on Sunday! It was great to see the hand of the Lord there. It really is the spirit that converts! Now the next goal is to get them to the TEMPLE!!! BOOYA! That is what this work is really all about.

Soooo.... Elder Kington, the spirit, and I had an idea yesterday. We want to put together a little choir/spoken word program for Christmas day in Sacrament meeting. So instead of talks we want to have that. We still need to ask the Branch about it... but if any of you have any ideas or arrangements you have used before, please let me know! :)

Now to share a proud "father" moment with all of you. Elder Kington, my boy, has refused to say the word "Y'all" since he got here. I knew it was only a matter of time until he gave in to his southern heritage. Well, this past Monday morning during a devotional that we do once a week, he finally said "y'all"!!!! Oh my goodness! My heart leaped for joy! And I almost literally did too! My little boy is growing up so fast! :') .... Just remember. We, as missionaries in the south, are American by birth, and Southern by the grace of God! Hahahahaha

The Christmas season is fast approaching, and I find myself wanting/NEEDING Christmas music! (Side note... this past p-day, we decorated our apartment for Christmas!!! It's beautiful!) So if y'all could please send some Christmas music my way, I would appreciate it! Whether it is a mix, a normal CD, or what, just please send it! :) Thank you so much!

Okay. On to the matter at hand. Thanksgiving (another side note: Diego is having us over, so we will eat well. Not to worry about that. And we got about 3 or 4 other invites...)
So, giving thanks is not something that should happen just once a year. It is meant to happen every minute of every day. As King Benjamin said, we are no better then the dust of the earth. The Lord has given us all that we have. Everything! And as we try to repay Him by doing as he has asked, He gives us more. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Get on your knees and just poor out your heart unto the Lord in gratitude. Praise His name, for He alone is mighty to praise. We are unworthy and unprofitable servants, yet we are also God's children and He has offered us all that He has, if we will but keep His commandents and express His hand in ALL things. I know that God lives and loves us all. That every thing I have in life comes from Him and His love for me. I am grateful for that Knowledge. I am grateful for MY Savior and His Atoning sacrifice for ME. I am grateful for the amazing and wonder family that I have. For my parents and their diligence in raising me and teaching me correct doctrine and principles. I am grateful for the loving siblings and their spouses and for the love and support they all have for me. I am grateful for the ten wonderful nieces and nephews which I have, that pray for me daily. The prayers of faith filled children cannot be matched and I am grateful to have those in my behalf. I am grateful to a wonderful girl in Las Vegas that writes me and loves me (surprise! Not all of you knew about that one... ;D ). She is amazing and I am grateful to have her love and support! :) I am grateful to all the other friends that I have and for all of their love and confidence in me. I am grateful for the Book Of Mormon and the Spirit which is about it and it's converting power. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost. For his guidance and direction. I am grateful to have him with me always. To be a worthy, clean, and pure priesthood holder and to know that this Gospel is true, for I know that it is. I feel it and know it with every fiber of my being. I have tasted of it's pureness and joy. Of it's truthfulness and happiness. I long to help people to know what I know. To taste of His goodness. That is why I am here. To help others to come into this Gospel and feel of His true and saving love.

I love you all and hope that you have a fantastic week! God be with you all and may He watch over you and yours through this holiday season.

With Love From The South,
Elder
Dwight
Douglas
Mendenhall
(I love how each names gets longer and longer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment