Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Losing My Mind....

Hello Everyone!

As I was contemplating what to put on the subject line, I looked at my wrist to see what day it was (I suppose it's the 12th, but  I checked out of habit) and I realized I didn't have my watch on. I forgot to put it on this morning. I also forgot to grab my planner on Sunday. Reminds me of the time I was with Elder Todd in Gulfport and I forgot to put on a tie before leaving the apartment. Funny thing was that I had my suit coat on, just not a tie. Not sure if I shared that story before. We were going to drop off some trash on our way to go pick up Gulfport Spanish and as I got out of the car to throw the trash away, Elder Todd asked me if I forgot something. "No, pretty sure I got all the trash" was my reply. Then he pointed at his tie. Then I looked for mine. Ooops. I just borrowed one from the Spanish Elders.

Anyway, I just enjoy life. I smile every time I think about that. I've had a lot of funny experiences on my mission. I have several quotes from Elder Crockett that are hilarious. Just the way he said them. Not as great unless you know him. One day though we were in the car with Elder Bruderer and Elder Mclean (last transfer) and Elder Crockett pipes up next to me:
"Something I've never understood is how my dad met my mom at a dance....*pause*... at a dance."
Just the way he said it and how serious he was too. We don't as yet have the full story on the dance/meeting/mission thing, but maybe one day we will. Anyway, Elder Crockett is pretty funny, usually when he's not trying to be.

Well, this past week was really good. I don't know if I mentioned it (I think I did) but the Sisters here baptized Kisha and three of her kids the first part of May. Well, this past week we started teaching her husband, Lavell. Super awesome. We have had some really good lessons with him this past week, and he has a date for the 30th of June, so please keep him in your prayers. I really hope he comes to church this Sunday, as he didn't two days ago. That is our biggest struggle right now is church attendance. We can't get anyone to come. Fruskrating sometimes. We couldn't even get an investigator to church and she lived right down the skreet! (Yes, people do say thos words like I spelled them....)

Other then the church thing, life sure is dandy. I burned my sacrificial pair of pants on Friday for my 18 month mark. Also, on Saturday, Diego and his mom came to visit Elder Crockett and myself for a few hours. It was awesome to see him again. We went out and got some food and just shot the breeze. It was super cool. :)

And..... I got some good letters in the mail this past week. And a package from home! Thank you for that. I got the package slip on Friday and I couldn't pick it up until Monday. We took it to Johnny's house and I opened everything there. Then we went and played some basketball at the church and you know what? I actually was playing pretty decent. I actually scored some points. Doesn't happen often. :)

Well, just know that life is well and that I love all of you. I hope y'all have an awesome week! :)

Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall








NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment