Monday, June 4, 2012

It's June

Hey Everyone,

I hope y'all had a good week this past week. I know I did for the most part. I started having some major sinus and allergy issues Thursday though. Friday I had a pretty bad headache. I started taking some stuff for it though and it's pretty much cleared up. Johnny, one of the members here, has had this same problem for a few weeks now. It almost sounds like what Mom has back home. Crazy stuff. I know a couple other people who have had the same problem here in Monroe.

Other then that and just being tired, life sure is good. In fact, this week is looking to be a fantastic week! Now, that might just be because it's a rare week and we have a dinner appointment every day, but still. :D OH!!!!!!!!! And guess what Friday is!!!!

...
....
...
...
...

...
My 18 month mark! Can you believe it?! I can't. It's surreal. Crazy. That is a long time. A lot has happened in that time though. I have had four areas, 8 companions, trained two of those, had some baptisms, gained 20 lbs (yup!), have one new niece, two nephews (with one on the way), a new sister-in-law (Hi, Kim!), and tons of other stuff. I officially broke my bike all the way, got a new (to me) one, fell in love with the south (while loathing it some days...what can I say?), met so many awesome people, gained a deeper love and understanding of the gospel, found out exactly what kind of members there are in the church (those who do missionary work and those that don't ;) hahaha kidding! kind of...), ummmmm... it goes on and on.

To celebrate this special occasion, all six missionaries here are eating at the Bishop's house on Friday (okay, so it just happened to fall like that, though it is Sister Findley's 18 month mark as well..) and of course I will be following the tradition of missionaries and burning a pair of pants! (don't worry, Mom, they are an old pair someone left in our apartment, not any of mine...though I could burn mine as they are falling apart and sewed in many different places. They're still wearable though!) I am looking forward to all of it.

I know I bounce around from subject to subject, but hey, you just got to love me anyway. We went to go see Bruce on Saturday. We talked to him about the Plan of Salvation. Afterward, his cousin/brother/something or another came out and wanted to talk to us. His name is Herman. Anyway, I wasn't feeling the best and didn't say much, and so Elder Crockett and him talked quite a bit. Anyway, Elder Crockett got called an anti-Christ because we believe that the Trinity are separate and distinct beings. It was a rough day for us. To top it off, the next morning (yesterday) we went by to pick Bruce up for church with a member, and he was sick in bed.

This work may not be easy, but it's worth it. And I love it. I hope all of you have an awesome week! I know I will. It's all what you want it to be. There is enough good in a day to focus on that you wont ever have a bad day. :)

I love you all.

Love,
Elder Mendenhall






NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment