Monday, November 5, 2012

Family History

Hey Everyone!

Family history is pretty cool and amazing. I love looking at the church's website (https://familysearch.org/tree) and just seeing who I am related to and when they lived. It's fun tracking where they were born, when they died, and imagining what happened in between. :)

Well, I was all smiles at church on Sunday. Brooke and Blaine weren't there, as they were staying with their nonmember grandparents. So that was a bummer... The reason I was all smiles though is that Landon and Rachel came to church! They were a little late for Sacrament meeting, but they were there. They stayed for Sunday School as well. Rachel has been in at least several months (everyone was really happy to see her) and this was Landon's first time going. They had their kids with them as well. We are going over there today, so we will get to see what he thought about church. I couldn't stop smiling though after they came in. :D One step at a time. :)

I'm thinking a lot this morning and not too interested in writing a lot. Life is great though :) We enjoyed the Fall Festival at the church on Wednesday. We actually ended up helping set up and everything right after we emailed. We went back to the church where our bikes and bags were and we didn't leave there until 8:00 that night. Too bad people there don't count as being in church :D

We taught our devotional on Thursday at the nursing home, and that went well. I was looking at the piano and one of the ladies asked me if I played. I then played a couple of hymns for her and told her I would play more this week. Wish me luck! ;)

I love you all! I hope all is well with you and that this week is amazing! :)

Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment