Monday, November 19, 2012

Just Another Day In Paradise!

Hey Everyone!

It's just another beautiful Monday here in southern Arkansas and I am loving life! :)

We had interviews this past Friday in Monroe with President McDonough. I enjoyed them, though it ended up taking our whole day. After I sent the email about me being sick, we went and gathered the things we need to take down, and then we went to Monroe. We didn't get back until about 8pm that night.

President McDonough asked me an interesting question that I didn't have an answer for. He asked who I thought would be a good replacement for me here in Crossett to serve with Elder Durrant. I had never thought about it and it gave me a little insight into him and his responsibilities as a mission president. I do not envy him in the slightest, that's for sure.

We had our Thanksgiving dinner at the church yesterday following church services. Landon and Brooke and Blaine were all at church. It was really neat to have them all there. Landon and co stayed for all of church this time. They brought three different desserts too. And we are actually supposed to be eating chili at his house right now (though no scone strips and I really want some! hahaha)

Thanksgiving will mainly be spent here in Crossett with the Rice family and the Stephensons. I am looking forward to it. We'll be able to teach Brooke and Blaine, which we haven't really been able to do in a few weeks.

I am feeling better this week, but still coughing and blowing my nose (in case you were wondering!). It's only every now and then though, instead of constantly. :D

I love you all and hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving week! Remember to be thankful always for what Heavenly Father has given you and most importantly, make sure you tell Him how grateful you are every day for the blessings you have. Life is so sweet and short and precious. Everything you have can be gone in an instant. Make the most of today, as it's a gift (that's why they call it the present)/

Until we meet again next week!

Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment