Monday, May 7, 2012

Hot, humid, and it's only May...

Hey Everyone!

So, it's only May, and we have already had 90 degree weather. With the humidity, that makes the heat index well over 100 degrees. around 110 or so. Anyway, life is great, despite the heat! My camelbak keeps me hydrated. Funny story though. We get back to the apartment last night and Elder Crockett curls up on the couch. He looks exhausted so I don't bother him. Well, he passed out for over an hour while laying there. He was dead to the world. Bless his heart. He walks into our bedroom and told me he thought he was only out for about 5 minutes. Hahaha, not likely. I guess the heat and exercise on a bike will do that to you. Oh well. I am loving it. Not the heat exactly, but the mission.

Well, Bruce was supposed to come to church yesterday, but when we showed up with a member to pick him up, he wasn't there. So, no one at church. This is the hardest time I have had getting people to attend church. We keep on trying though.
Other then that, it's been a pretty good week. Nothing too big to talk about. We got a lot of potential investigators, but none really turned into new investigators. This week though! Hopefully.

I am super excited to Skype on Sunday! It's going to be really weird though, because after that, the next time I talk to all y'all will be in person...weird... I'm not ready for it to be over yet (luckily, I still have 1/4 of my mission, but still... it flies by!)

Hmmmm... I don't really know what to write. Nothing really happened this past week. Well, we only have one week left of the transfer, which is crazy. I've already been with Elder Crockett for 5 week! Hmmmm... we'll find out this week if I will finish training him (I am sure I will, but crazier things have happened...Like my training time).

The Sister missionaries had some baptisms Saturday night, which was cool. A mom and three of her kids. That was fun to attend and watch. Soon... soon, we will have some too!

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...........................uh. I guess I don't have anything to say. Weird. I hope y'all have an awesome week! I know I will. Try to stay warm over there in the west. Don't get too cold! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Mendenhall



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment