Monday, May 16, 2011

April 18, 2011

To Whom It May Concern....

I am HAPPY!!!!! I just got a ton of awesome and happy news!!!! First off.... my absolute favorite piece of news that I have been waiting for for weeks!

My best friend and brother, Elder McKay Jones, received his mission call!!!!! He will have the honor and priviledge of serving the Lord for two years in the.... HONDURAS COMAYAGUELA MISSION!!!! Spanish speaking of course. All of us over here were hoping for him to be called to the Mississippi Jackson Mission, spanish speaking, but I guess the south isn't that cool.... though it's pretty awesome. I am super excited for him!!!! Words can't express! We often talked about missions and mission calls, and I think he was ALMOST (not quite) more excited than me when I got my mission call. He is going to be one of the Lord's best and finest. He joins me in the field on August 10th. Happy day!

Another happy piece of news is that I have a package on the way! Happy Bunny Holiday! It has some much anticipated items in it too! And I was also told by a certain someone that they are in the process of writing me a letter! Which I am super pumped and happy for. And on of my dearest sisters has finally advanced further into the realm of games, as she is using things I taught and showed her. And Elder Todd will be on his way to Utah at this time in 16 days! His plane will land before 1 pm. I was also reminded a get to call home in a month or so. A week from Saturday I find out who my new companion is.... and last but not least, one of the very happy things that is helping me choose to be estatic is....

EASTER!!!! This is the week of Easter, and my first as a missionary. I am super excited to share the message of my Savior during this Easter season and to be able to bear testimony the Atonement and it's awesome healing and strengthening power.

All of this has made me forget anything I was going to say about this past week. Oh. My bike is... falling to pieces. I am hopefully taking it into the shop today or tomorrow to see how much it will be for a new set of pedals/cranks and for a whole new back tire. It really needs it. If it is not too expensive, I will probably have them order the parts for me. I will also probably call the mission office and see if they have any bikes just floating around up there or any spare pieces. Even broken bikes I can probably grab a piece or two from. I ghetto rigged one of my pedals the other day. Yes. ghetto rigged. I have embraced the south. I can't wait until I go home and can let you all hear my new language which I can speak.

Ummmmmmmmmm.... Samantha was the only investigator we had in church yesterday, and we no longer have her set with a date. Her progression is slow, but hopefully she will continue to progress.

I attended two funerals this past week and visited David McGee in jail again.... he'll be out in November.

The work is progressing. I love the mission and doing the Lord's work. It's tough, but if it wasn't, it wouldn't be as worth it. I wrote new lyrics last night to the song "I Can Only Imagine". It give me hope as a missionary. :D I might have them next week.

Well, I hope all is well. If I can do anything for any of you, just let me know.

Love,
Elder Dwight
Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment