Monday, May 16, 2011

May 9, 2011 Happy Mother's Day

Hey All Y'all!

So..... I love Mother's Day! As many of you know, I was able to Skype home yesterday. It was awesome! And surprisingly enough, it didn't make me trunky. It was just....normal. To me, it was almost like I never left. Interesting, huh? It was awesome! I do miss home, but I am out here for a reason, and my work is not yet finished.

So, Elder Woolf is an interesting character. Let's just say that we are going to have to see what these next 5 weeks will bring. It's already been one. Crazy! This week we are going on exchanges with the zone leaders, next week is zone conference in Hattiesburg, and the following week is exchanges with the Spanish Elders. So.... all in all, pretty crazy stuff. It is pretty stressful taking over an area. Not the easiest thing to do. But it is sure a learning experience. I love the gospel and I love the people and the work. I may not have any baptisms yet, but I know that I am helping people anyway. I am super grateful to be here.

Well. I guess I don't have too much to say.... Things are going to be different this transfer, that is for sure. I am learning to love my companion.... and as I have heard him say concerning people he knew back home, "love the person, not the sin". Sooooo.... yup. Hahahahahaha. It's what I am doing. Kia Kaha is my motto. Forever Strong. The Lord is with me, and wants me to succeed. And with God on my side, who can prevail against me? We may not win every battle, but we will "fo sure" win the war.

With lots of love and peace from the South,
Elder Dwight Douglas "Hal" Mendenhall, The First, Esquire. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment