Monday, May 16, 2011

March 14, 2011

To Whom It May Concern,

Oh boy oh boy.... what a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong week! Amazing, but long. Elder Todd and I got up at 4:30 AM Tuesday morning. We left at 5:30, went to Wal Mart, McDonalds, and filled up with gas. We then went to Ocean Springs, picked up two Elders, went back to Biloxi, dropped an Elder off and picked one up, drove to Waveland and swapped Elder Todd for Elder Nuenswander (Mendenhall isn't so strange after all!) and then got to Hattiesburg by 9:15 AM. Then we had an awesome day of training! It went until about 4 PM. I will mention more on the training in a minute. Anyway, after that day of training, I stayed with the Hattiesburg English Elders. Some missionaries stayed with members, some with other missionaries around the area. I went on exchanges that day with Elder Wadsworth. After dinner, we went out with the new 1st counsler in the Bishopric and went and visited three families. Kind of uneventful. I lent the other Elders, Elders Killian and Nebeker use the car to go and contact a referral they received that lived 13 miles away (they are a bike area...). It was POURING down rain! Like crazy. It was late at night probably 8:30 or so. They missed the turn, and were pulling around..... and they ended up sliding into a ditch full of water. The front end was in it. The car was fine, not to worry! Oh... the missionaries were fine too. Anyway, they got pulled out and everything is fantastic! Well, we do need to take the car in for some touch up, and get a few pins added so the bumper will stay on better, but you get the idea. They got back between 10 and 10:30 that night. And Elder Nebeker wouldn't stop talking, so I didn't get to sleep until about midnight.

Anywho, back up the next day for training at 9:00. Went until 4, and then I went on exchanges with Elder Killian (this is Wednesday). We ended up going on splits so I was with a member. We went and visited a few families and then we took us out to eat after we met up with Elder Killian again. I got more sleep that night. Then training at 9:00 again but only until 2PM. Then we cleaned up and went back. Elder Todd and I got back to our area at about 5 PM. The Gulfport Spanish Elders (Elder Belt and Elder Price) were finally moving out of the Biloxi apartment into their new apartment in Gulfport. So we helped them move in. Then Elder Todd and I went and contacted 3 referrals and ate dinner... and went to sleep! :)

Friday was a good day. We did stuff... and taught one lesson to a new investigator. Samantha. She has been taught by missionaries before in Texas and has been around mormons and missionaries most of her life. She has had a hard life too by the sounds of it. Anywho, we invited her to be baptized and she accepted and is working towards April 2nd. Pray for her! :)

The training! Woot! So, a while back, the MTC had a Mission President in California select 8 missionaries. They then sent 8 MTC trainers out to work one on one with these missionaries. They recorded lessons taught, and everything. Anywho, after a long while, they came up with these videos (I watched some before I left) and also 8 simplified lessons fron Preach My Gospel. It is really neat! Starting in May, this is all they will teach in the MTC. They wont even realyl teach you how to teach. Just these 8 lessons about how to be a better missionary. I have the papers at my apartment in my new PMG (Preach My Gospel...) Binder!!!! I undid my PMG and went a long and taped the edges on eevry page so I could then hole punch them. They are in a binder (a 1 1/2 inch one) and it works well. Mine was getting all beat up and I wanted to protect it. So I had this idea! I taped the edges because the pages already had holes because of the spiral binding, and it wouldn't quite work with a hole punch. It's pretty neat!

The time change didn't mess with us TOO much. Made me a little crazy and hyper.... the not enough sleep hyper. Hahahahahaha! Fun stuff. We had a meeting at the church at 7 AM and 7:30 , so we were up early. The work must go on!! Come rain or snow or sleet or hail or dogs or lack of sleep or demons or devils! The Gospel can't be stopped. God is too awesome.

So I don't know quite what else to say. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I am going to catch up on replying to letters today! I am!!! YES! Hahahahahaha, hopefully. We'll see. I am hungry though. We might go buy pizza for lunch. I can get free crazy bread with a pizza purchase.

So..... I hope all is well with everyone! Party on! Remember that Jesus loves you! And so do I. The work is continually pressign forward. Keep the faith.

Kia Kaha!

Love,
Elder Dwight Douglas Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment