Monday, May 16, 2011

A Lone Wolf In A Pack.... until I get another Woolf....

Dear Everyone....

Guess what! I don't have a companion! I shipped Elder Todd off this morning! Woot! Back to good ol' MP. Now I wait on my new companion, but since transfers are behind today (way behind) and we are one of the last stops, I wont get him until 9:00-9:30 probably, So until then, I get to hang with my español amigos. Should be fun. Anyway.... so my new companion is.... Elder Woolf! (did you see that one coming? Maybe up there... ↑) I know nothing about him, other than that he just got done serving with Elder Redmon (my trainer) in the North Monroe area (in LA). I am super excited though! The spanish Elders are staying together, so I get another transfer around Elders Price, Belt and Thurgood. I love those Elders. They are all great.

Sooooooo.... this week. We... ummm... we did.... ummmm. Stuff. Hahahahaha. We actually were productive. I was trying to go strong with Elder Todd until the end. We taught a new investigator named Dane Ellis. Cool guy. He has potential (well everyone does, but still....).

OH!!!!!!!!! Guess what we did Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went to a wedding. On the beach. It was legit! Hahahahaha, a member and a non-member were getting married. We had actually never met anyone there before (except for the Bishop and Brother Saucier). It was fun. And oh so beautiful. They looked so happy. *sniff* Hahahahaha it's quite the story about how it came about, so remind me about it in two years. I'm too lazy to type it out. We went to the reception, stayed there, helped clean up, and we brought a ton of food home with us (not the intention for helping or staying, it just happened). It was super fun to talk to the members that were there.

So, we had some good food this week. Meatloaf, pork chops, Golden Corral, steak, taco salad, etc! I love the south. I really do. I already know I am going to miss it in two years. Not that I wont mind leaving it, but there are things that you just have to love about it. Like the people.... because there is not much else to do with them. :D

Now the moment you have all been waiting for!!! It is May 4th, and I am not expecting anymore entries for the music contest. Not saying one couldn't come in today or tomorrow, but I doubt it. So I will announce the winners. Now remember, I am NOT biased in this, I promise! And I wasn't the only judge. And I really love the CDs I did get, all two of them.................. >_< (←grumpy face at the rest of you) and it was actually a hard decision... anywho. The winners!!!

3rd Place goes to: Mom and Dad!!! Who sent me my John Bytheway talks out. Technically not music, hence 3rd place, but still very much loved. Congrats!

2nd place goes to...... Naüdia Dowland! With "Dwight's Super Awesomenova Mission CD!" (or something like that). I love this CD! (19 Tracks) It has a lot of songs on it that I know and love, and some others I hadn't heard before. Honestly, a little too much Mo-Tab for me, but the selection of Mo-Tab on there were really good choices. All in all, I love the CD and listened to it two times last nigth while Elder Todd packed.

1st place goes to....... Jeanette Davis! Congratulaions! With her CD "Light Up The Sky" she scored huge points with me. I love the music on there. I only had heard 4 of the 19 tracks before, but it is just the kind of music I like. I already can sing along with several of the songs.

Prizes will be sent out eventually. Once I decide what they are. Which might be awhile. Okay. Well, all y'all take care, and beware back in Utah, as 4 southern missionaries are headin' your way.

Love,
Elder Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment