Friday, September 2, 2011

August 15, 2011

Hey All Y'all,

Weird week. Summer dropped us. She doesn't have a desire to change right now. We got a new Bishop in the Gulfport ward, since our current one is being transferred to Texas (kind of like a missionary! But it's due to work). This is the third Bishop since I've been here. And third ward mission leader, third high priest group leader.... and a bunch of other changes in the ward. I've been here forever.... hahahahaha

We had some less actives call us up this week and take us out to eat. We had gone and seen them a few days before they took us out. Kind of cool. I guess they like us. With around 700 less active members, we are trying to help them out a lot. There is a lot of work here to do, but it's all about trying to organize and be productive with the time and trying to not sweat to death. We've had some warm ones.

Anyway, I got some good mail this past week. One letter, a postcard, and a package! I like it! Thanks to all those who sent me stuff. I appreciate it. I think I wrote about eight letters today. Kind of a relaxing p-day. Anywho... not a lot of time. We didn't get a chance to get on a computer until now. So, not very long this week. Oh well.

Oh! I spoke in Sacrament meeting. About 5 minutes. I had to cut it short, as there was supposed to be 3 speakers altogether, but they called a new Bishop, so there ended up being 6 altogther. The high councilman got put off until next week even. I taught about true conversion and sharing the gospel. The 5 steps needed. Study, Believe, Love, Live, and Teach/Share. I want to actually write something about it. Maybe I will type it up sometime if I ever have time and send it to all y'all.

In the mean time, just trust that all is well and remember that Christ lives and loves us all. :)

Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment