Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 6, 2011

Hey y'all!

It's P-day here is Philly! It is transfer week, so p-day falls on today, for us at least. All of those who are being transferred, it happens to be tomorrow, since transfers were pushed back until tomorrow, thanks to tropical storm Lee! Which we got a bunch of rain from. That's about it here. And 60 degree weather. I hear it is supposed to be back in the 90s by next week. Bummer. I like this weather. I actually used my umbrella a little. Weird. I haven't used it much.

We only had about 30 people in church this week. Man. We need some young families! That would be awesome. Looks like we'll have to baptize some! Unless anyone there wants to move to Philadelphia for the next 30 years or so... (not recommended :D )

Well, today we went to Clinton again to go to the Doctor's. Good man. Anyway, we still need to pack it, but it should be done by the end of this week. But we still need to go back next week. So we will. It is killing our miles though! Man. We'll make it work. Once he's healed we can walk outside and what not.

We had some good lessons this week. We are teaching a guy by the name of Diego. He is from Venezula. And he feeds us all the time. I have gotten the nickname "Moodingham" because I was in Kosciusko on exchanges and he forgot my name, and that is what he said. He's a great guy though. Makes really good food. And expects us to eat a lot, especially me. I almost threw up one time. Man... if I gain weight on my mission, it is going to be here. Hahahahaha. :D

We went and visited some less actives yesterday with Brother Muse (who is awesome. He is this old guy who is the second counsler in the branch presidency, and has been branch president of this branch.... 2 or 3 times before....). The spirit was really strong in all of our visits. Awesomeness.

Well... I don't know quite what else to say. I hope y'all have a good week! OH!!! BYU won! Take that Ole Miss!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ummmm... oh! I turn 20 on Saturday. 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o... I feel old. Diego is having us over for dinner. For steak! I love steak :D Should be good. But other then that, just an ordinary day in the life of a missionary. Next year though, I turn 21 on a p-day... dun dun dun... Hahahahahaha I love life!

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment