Friday, September 2, 2011

July 11, 2011

Howdy All Y'all,

Man oh man. What a week. First off for the really awesome news that I am excited about...

Summer is awesome! We taught her Tuesday and Saturday. And she came to church yesterday. We took her to Brother Carpenter's house in the ward on Tuesday, and we also had Sister Stubbs there (and her sister who was in town from Oregon) to help fellowship. We were going to teach the Restoration, but instead we taught the Plan of Salvation. It was what she needed. She had researched some stuff before and had thoughts about the doctrine we taught her, but never found a church that taught it until now. We helped her organize her own thoughts into something that makes sense. She has also had dreams where she has gone and visited a place she has been before. So cool. Saturday we had Sandy Skok pick her up and take her to the church. We gave her a tour, and then taught her the Restoration in the Sacrament room. Summer is just full of questions and eager to learn. She participated in Gospel Principles and in Relief Society. In fact, one of the ladies afterward gave her a hug and thanked her for her participation. The Gulfport ward is really picking up the ball on this on. And her girls came with her to church as well. She has a 7 and 2 year old. The 2 year old is adorable and makes me miss my little nieces. Anyway... Summer is just awesome and legit and there is no doubt that as long as prayers are being said in her behalf and that she continues the way she is going, she will be baptized. We are going to teach her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ tomorrow morning. I can't wait.

I went on exchanges this past week with Elder Norton in the north Gulfport area. We taught some good lessons there. And Elder Woolf and ELder Johnson had a good lesson with Scott while I was gone. Sadly, Scott didn't come to church, but that's okay. He'll be there next week. :)

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o!!! I get to be the best man at David's wedding! I am excited! I may not be there in person, but hopefully my speech will be good! Hahahahaha. :)

So I ordered quite a bit of stuff from lds.org. I am excited for it. Some study materials and such. And it means a package in the mail. YAY!

By the way... I have decided that I need some brighter colorful ties. So if anyone sends ties to me in the next 18 months or so, go bright and colorful! :)

Hmmmm... oh! I made macaroni salad yesterday from the recipe Mom sent me. It was/is delcious! Just saying... be jealous.

So, we are possibly going fishing today. And coon hunting. Yup. That's our p-day. We'll see how it all plays out. Stay tuned for updates on these stories next week!

One last thing before I send this. Just remember that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. His power is real. Through the Atonement, we can become perfected, and that process can start NOW. And it should. Don't wait for His redeeming love. It's not just for sins, but for everything. For every pain or weakness. Christ can help our weaknesses to become our greatest strengths. Never doubt that. Just believe and do.

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Dwight Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment